VPN - Virtual Private Networks
In the past businesses have had to rely on leased communication lines to maintain a wide-area network (WAN).
With fast Internet access today we're able to extend business networks over Virtual Private Networks (VPN) to accommodate the needs of remote employees and distant offices.
A VPN allows any remote employee to be able to connect directly to your office-based network just as if they were on a wired or wireless connection there in your the office. By using a VPN, businesses ensure security -- if anyone intercepts encrypted data, it can't be read. The setup uses data tunneling to assure you that your data is secure.
This VPN setup has a number of benefits:
- Improve productivity
- Extend geographic reach of your network
- Traditional WANs are expensive, operational costs are reduced
- Eliminate remote user travel costs and transit time to come to a central location
- Provides for telecommuters
- Flexibility as your business grows
- Simplifies your network setup
- It's fast.
- It's easy to take with you wherever you go on any PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone device.
VPNs are great for mobile employees. They give them secure access to company files and applications from anywhere with an Internet connection. They can access your business network from home, the local coffee shop, a client's office, even a hotel room.
There are a variety of devices which can be used for a basic setup which would include a central office acting as a VPN endpoint for a large number of VPN tunnels. Well-designed VPNs are modular and scalable. You can add more remote employees and usage without adding much, if any, extra infrastructure.
Our network designers have a high amount of flexibility to design the right solution for your business.